Which week of MCO is it now?

So, good news and uncertain news.

The good news is the government is allowing some of us to return to our hometown or where ever we work. But it is still uncertain cause they have to discuss the matter with KKM and other government bodies.

Anyway, I tried to request for permission to return to Miri next week (after 29/04) but I have to wait for their approval for that. Hope for the best now.

Lets move along.

So, I can't really tell which week of MCO it is now. It's getting to a point where everyday feels the same. No weekend or weekdays. Of course all of this can be avoided by doing some activities like working out, gardening or do something outdoors.

I tried but it still makes no different. Honestly, I knew this quarantine or the professional like to call social distancing really getting on my nerve. It's not that I can't go out. I can but where would I go? I can't even go and see my friends here. It started to hit me hard. I don't have that many friends here but I would like to at least meet some of them. Sure, we can call each other or video call each other but its not the same.

Human interaction is important to us because that is what keep our sanity in check. Not only interaction but we have this routine that we are used to. Which is getting up, shower, go to work, fight the traffics, lunch, yell at your colleagues, tea time + gossiping and fight the traffic to go home. I'm sure lots of you have the same routine from Monday to Friday and you missed it. It's miserable but you missed it. And Friday night out meeting friends, hanging out at your favorite bars/clubs then chilling through the weekends. These are the routine life that we miss so much.

Cut the bullshit saying that offshore men took months offshore and they could live a happy life. Have you see the actual offshore men's life. My family lines are mostly offshore men and I know for a fact that they really hate going offshore. If given a choice, they would always choose staying on land. I know some will disagree on this but you are entitle to your own opinion.

What do I miss the most? Travelling. Sure some of you might see me travel throughout 2019. True, I travel for work. I have too. And yes, I do miss travelling. I know for a fact that coming into 2020, the travel will be lesser and lesser. It's tiring but the journey from point A to point B is always exiting regardless of the situation.

You see, we all miss the day to day experience cause we were never aware that everyday is different but we all feel the same. Now that we're in quarantine, everyday is actually the same.

We might not see it before but we take life for granted. I know you might hear/read about this somewhere before but its true. Most of us don't really live our life. We just get up in the morning and try to make it through the day and ignore the things that happened in between.

Comments