Returning Home

So, I've been stuck in Kuching since 17 March. Luckily for me I have a place to stay. I can't imagine staying at a hotel and paying the room for a month. That would be one hell of an expensive stay.

Before you guys start assuming that I went to Kuching for fun. It was not. I went to Kuching for work. And why didn't I return while MCO was in its first phase? Well, I still have unfinished work (until today in fact). At first I really didn't expect that the MCO would last thing long but yeah. It lasted until May.

I wanted to stay in Kuching until the end of MCO and get started on my work but unfortunately, it lasted way too long and I couldn't see myself freeloading on someone else's house for any longer. So, I decided to go back to Miri.

So, for inter-district travel in Sarawak, you need to apply for travel permit. The permit can be obtain at you district police station. I repeat, DISTRICT POLICE STATION. So, the district system in Kuching is still pretty weird for me to understand. I was staying at my cousin's place, which is in Matang and the area is under the jurisdiction of Batu Kawa Police. Now, there's a nearer police station, Gita Police station, which is literally 5 min drive from her house. 

So, I went to Gita PS with hopes and dreams. There was no queue and it made me supper happy. So, I went up to the officer and she told me that I was at the wrong police station. I was WTF!! How can I be wrong? It was the closest police station and the officer explained that I need to go to Bata Kawa PS to apply for my permit and I need to bring along my itinerary as proof. Which means I have to book a flight ticket before requesting for the permit. So, I went back and book the flight. 

Now, its a 15 min drive from my cousin's place going to Batu Kawa/MJC. Drove there and found out that there's a line. A really LONG LINE. I got there at 9.00 am (roughly) and waited in line for, I'm not kidding, literally 2 hours. But it was not so bad. It was morning and it was not so hot. So at 11.00 a.m, I got in the police station and I got my permit done for like less than 5 min. Waited for 2 hours for a 5 min job.

So, once done, I went to see a friend, since she's nearby, and went off my way after.

Finally, the day that I return home. Honestly, 2 days before my flight, I really felt like coming down with a fever. My head was spinning and I don't feel comfortable at all. I kept waking up in the middle of the night and having a really hard time sleeping after. Things were shitty.

So, on the day of my flight home (which is today), woke up super early, like at 5 in the morning and of course my head hurts like crazy. I got to the airport at 9.00 a.m and there was a line outside of the airport. Honestly, I was scared not of the line but because I felt sick. That feverish feeling was still there. Got out of the car and went to the line until I saw something off. All of the people standing in that line are wearing police uniform. Me being a dumbass went up and asked what is that line for and found out that those from PULAPOL Kuching are returning home and I don't need to wait in line with them. Yes, I was literally stand at the back of their line.

The airport security checked my temperature and it was good. Honestly, with the feverish feeling, I can feel that my body was really burning up but I got through. So, went in and drop off my luggage. The airport, as expected, was really empty and quite. It felt like a zombie movie. Went to the departure gate and guess what. All of the passenger are sitting really close with each other.

Now, it really bothers me, especially when social distancing is really important at this time and looking at those people ignoring the request was just f*cked up. I didn't want to go anywhere near them but it got me thinking, I'm going on the same flight as they do so I guess I'm screwed there. So, I didn't want to pissed myself off any longer and I just walk around the airport. Yes, there was nothing to see but atleast the walk calms me down a little. 

The flight that I took was from Kuching, transit at Limbang and then off to Miri. I was surprise with the numbers of people boarding that flight. I was hoping that there would be just a few of us but the flight was almost full. So, before boarding they did check for temperature.

The flight was fine and got to Miri and straight home. And the feverish feeling, its gone the moment I landed in Miri. That feeling of being home never felt so comforting. 

Please stay home and if you need to go out, keep your distance from anyone in front or behind you. Stay clean and safe people. Cheers!

Comments